Whether you are an export company in packaging or an import company, you must be familiar with some knowledge of import and export packaging in your own country and customer country, prevent contact with international policies and regulations, and help your company avoid risks and reduce losses. Today, I would like to introduce to you the requirements of countries all over the world for the packaging of imported goods.
(1) The Port Authority of Saudi Arabia stipulates that all shipping packages of building materials destined for the port of Saudi Arabia must first assemble pallets to accommodate the loading and unloading of stackers, and the weight of each piece shall not exceed 2 tons.
The port of Saudi Arabia stipulates that the weight of each bag of bagged goods destined for the port shall not exceed 50 kg, storage facilities will not be provided unless the bagged goods are equipped with pallets or with suspensions for mechanical pick-up and unloading.
(2) According to the regulations on the packaging of imported goods issued by Iranian ports, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food, tea and other commodities are required to be packed in pallets, or in containers with a volume of not less than 1 cubic meter or a weight of 1 ton, respectively.
2.Disable logo pattern.
(1) Arab countries prohibit the hexagonal star pattern in the packaging of imported goods, because the hexagonal star is similar to the pattern in the Israeli national flag, and Arab countries are very disgusted and taboo to things with hexagonal star patterns.
(2) Germany forbids similar Nazi and Legion symbols in the packaging of imported goods.
(3) The use of pig patterns and female body patterns is prohibited in the packaging of imported goods in Libya.
3.Regulations on the structure of containers.
(1) the Food and Drug Administration of the United States stipulates that all medical fitness and beauty drugs must have packaging that can prevent adulteration, adulteration and other antifouling capabilities.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency stipulates that in order to prevent children from mistakenly taking medicines and chemicals, child protection covers must be used for products under the jurisdiction of the Anti-virus Packaging regulations and the Consumer Safety Commission.
Eleven states such as California and Virginia in the United States and the European Community are in charge of the environment and consumer departments, stipulating that detachable pull-ring cans cannot be sold on the market, and there is a tendency to develop pull-and-twist and tape cans that cannot be pulled away.
(2) The European Community stipulates that the maximum amount of vinyl chloride units of vinyl chloride containers and materials in contact with food is 1 mg per kilogram of finished products, and the maximum value transferred to food is 0.01 mg per kilogram.
According to the United States Drug investigation Bureau, 14% of the total lead absorbed by the human body comes from tinplate can solder, so it is required to reduce the lead content in welds by 50% in the next five years. According to the health regulations of Hong Kong, the maximum lead content in solid food shall not exceed 6ppm (6%), and the lead content in liquid food shall not exceed 1ppm.
4.Provisions on the use of languages.
(1) The Government of Canada stipulates that imported goods must be in English and French.
(2) Food labels sold to Hong Kong must be in Chinese, but the name and ingredients of the food must be indicated in English at the same time.
(3) The Greek government officially announced that the packaging of products exported to Greece must state the name of the company, the name of the agent and the quality and quantity of the products in Greek.
(4) Packing lists and commercial invoices for products sold to France shall be in French, including signs, and translations shall be attached if not written in French.
(5) Food and beverages sold to the Arab region must be explained in Arabic.
5.Prohibited packaging materials.
(1) The United States stipulates that in order to prevent the spread of plant diseases and insect pests, the use of rice straw as packaging material is prohibited and must be destroyed on the spot if found by the customs and pay all the costs incurred.
(2) The New Zealand Agricultural Quarantine Service stipulates that the following materials are strictly prohibited for imported goods packaging: hay, rice straw, wheat straw, grain husks or chaff, moss, soil, mud, used sacks and other materials.
(3) The Philippine Ministry of Health and Customs stipulate that imported goods are prohibited from packing with sacks and sack products and materials such as straw and straw mats.
(4) The Australian epidemic Prevention Agency stipulates that fumigation certificates must be provided for the import of goods packed in wooden cases (including pallet wood).
6.Packaging requirements for imported goods all over the world.
Declaration requirements for imported goods.
The declaration of imported goods should be standardized, complete, true and accurate. Standardized declaration is the basis of customs classification and price examination. Enterprises should not only pay attention to the correctness of classification, but also learn commodity-related knowledge. So what are the declaration requirements for imported goods?
I. standardizing the basis for declaration and implementation.
The Customs shall deploy and issue the standardized Declaration Catalog, stipulating that the import and export declaration shall be declared in accordance with the requirements and enter the customs clearance procedures.
II. Basic principles of standardizing declaration.
(1) Fill in the import and export goods declaration form in accordance with the contents of the declaration elements of the commodities listed in the catalogue, reduce the number of words as far as possible, and declare in the remarks column after exceeding the scope.
(2) The declared item can accurately point to the subject matter, such as the specification and model cannot be empty.
(3) The source, processing technology and use shall be declared conscientiously and truthfully, but not in general. For example, the “source” should not only be reported as the source of leftover material, but should be specifically reported as the leftover material obtained from what products are processed and produced.
(4) If the indicators of the declaration elements are not indicated or unknown, they cannot be empty and cannot be declared without items.
(5) The commodity price, classification and other information can be determined quickly and accurately through the declaration elements.
7.How to declare the Import and Export Declaration of Brand Commodities.
The most basic requirement of import and export declaration is to declare truthfully, fill in the customs declaration form of import and export goods and attach the necessary documents. The product name, brand, model, performance, working principle and so on should be described in detail. Sign up for whatever brand the product is. If it’s just a pattern, it’s not a brand.
Now more and more countries attach importance to the protection of intellectual property rights, imported products should ask suppliers for brand information, legal inspection goods (specifically check customs codes) should have certificates of origin, foreign inspection reports. Domestic brand awareness may be weak, export commodities and packaging if there is a brand to declare. As the above friend said, the handbag is withheld by the customs, submit brand information or authorization information, and explain the omission to the customs. May be punished by the customs administration, not too serious. If the brand information cannot be submitted, the infringement of the goods will be confiscated. If the amount is huge (imitation A goods), then suspected of smuggling, it will be handed over to the Customs Department for handling.
Import and export declaration is a serious task, which requires familiarity with the laws, foreign trade and commodity knowledge related to the import and export of goods, proficiency in customs laws, regulations and rules, and business skills. Reasonably examine the authenticity and integrity of the declaration contents and relevant materials, provide complete, correct and valid documents, fill in customs documents accurately, clearly and completely, and handle customs declaration business and related formalities in accordance with the regulations. Finally, the declaring unit shall bear the corresponding responsibility for the content of the declaration.